Monday, August 30, 2010

Childhood Nerd Syndrome ;)

Reposted from my Node account:

I started pretty young....it was all innocent at first with Wonderwoman, Sid & Marty Kroft hour, Bionic woman and Starsky & Hutch (met them one in LAX when I was 5. Paul Michael Glassier tweaked my nose & gave me a piece of gum. David Soul was kind of a dick, but I digress).
My favorite show in the whole world though, even above cartoons or the Bugaloos was In Search Of hosted by Leonard Nemoy. In fact I still get chills when I hear the theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4PGCQQ4Oc

My other favorite thing as a kid was Omni magazine (http://omnimagazineonline.com/). I would steal them from my father ALL the time. I was heartbroken when they got thrown out :( All those articles and Geiger artwork gone *sigh*

Needless to say, this did nothing for my popularity points in the neighborhood or in school ;) But whatev, I would rather have grown up the outcast only child who has thousands of stories lined up in her head for books than anything in the world. I wear my nerdiness proudly and there are many facets to said state of being.

So what are your nerd badges of honor???

2 comments:

damagedgoods said...

you stole my childhood.

Dorian said...

Hehehe...we kinda grew up together ;)
Glad to know I'm not the only one!

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: youremail@gmail.com

Our Team Memebers