Saturday, June 19, 2010

Follow up

Yesterday had me stressed quite a bit..... it was mostly the comments in the forums that had me all riled up and confused. Me being me, should have known better than to listen to the hysteric masses, I usually don't fall into that trap. Not to say I'm not fallible, I'm not so brazen as to claim that, but I can usually spot that from a mile away. Thankfully the Square staff saw this and answered questions, finally.... another reason panic can get out of hand is if "mommy & daddy" don't calm the "kids".

So, that being said, it looks like the ship will sail after all once they get all the paper work in place. I am going to wait my turn in line, but Square looks like a very viable and excellent option for me at this point. If you have and Android, Iphone, Ipad or Iwhatever.... you can use this app. They are working on this option for Blackberry, so take heart.

Here's the run down that I got out of yesterday.... you sign up, activate your bank account, they will run a credit check, (to affirm that you are a meat-popcicle & not Hal 2000), they put you in queue for a reader, once you get it, activate it with the little code and you're good to go. You do have the option of opting out of the credit check, but you don't get a reader.... you can then only use the app to keep track of cash transactions.

I plan on using this for book signings and conventions... no more turning fans away because of cards. I also plan to use it to do Tarot readings on the fly *for entertainment purposes only* (legally have to add that in there). click on the word Square <~~~that one right there, to check out their website!

0 comments:

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: youremail@gmail.com

Our Team Memebers