Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy Friday

I was asked today by a gentleman on Twitter, of which I am addicted, if I ever have to do research for my books. The answer for me, and any author who wants to continue selling books, is yes. I do a lot of research to make my story not only factual and accurate but to prevent myself from looking silly. There will ALWAYS be a reader out there who is more versed on a subject or location than I am, it's just the way life is. To prevent readers from being offended by inaccuracies, I do my homework. In fact, I do almost as much homework as Morgan Hawke does...that woman is a walking encyclopedia. I'm not kidding about that; I called her for her birthday and she explained Japanese culture in it's entirety to me!

My books so far have been located in Dundee Scotland and even though my family is from there and I've been there once, I still do research on the area, (as pointed out in a previous post). For A Hare's Breadth, I did research on Poveglia Island in Italy. Research often inspires how your story unfolds so it's good in more ways than one. For the second half of HB, which is tentatively titled Poveglia and will be in the Amira Press Fall anthology, I am in contact with a gentleman who has actually been there with his wife.

Alright, back to work!

0 comments:

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: youremail@gmail.com

Our Team Memebers